Codeine might be easy to access and regularly prescribed as a painkiller, but it’s still a habit-forming opiate with an elevated potential for unintended consequences. If you are struggling with codeine addiction, the first step to healing is a medically guided detox. In detox, your system will cleanse itself of the substance while you prepare for the next step of rehab.
At Sunrise Detox Long Island, we’ll help you get through withdrawal in a safe manner and lay the groundwork your long-term recovery. Dial 631-857-3800 to begin codeine detox near Long Island today and take control of your life.
What Are Signs I Might Need Codeine Detox Near Long Island?
One of the clear indicators of an opioid addiction is the emergence of withdrawal symptoms when you attempt to stop. You may begin with physical problems like upset stomach, muscle pain, and headaches. Over time, you may encounter mental symptoms like depression. While withdrawal is a common indication of a problem, there are various warning signs, including:
- A desire to keep using
- Development of a tolerance and needing to take larger doses to get the desired effects
- Disruption of your life causing difficulties at home, work, or school
- Always agonizing over getting more of the opiate
- Withdrawing from loved ones and no longer engaging in pursuits you once enjoyed
Our codeine detox near Long Island is the proper opening step for recovery. We’ll keep you protected and relaxed as you manage your withdrawal symptoms. We’ll also get you started on discretionary therapy sessions so you are able to set the groundwork for a complete recovery.
What You Should Anticipate From Codeine Detox At Sunrise Detox Long Island
We are of the belief that the optimal way to detox is through a custom-tailored strategy. Following your arrival at Sunrise Detox Long Island, we'll complete a thorough appraisal to understand the level of your use, your medical history, and your psychological and physical condition. Consequently, we can draft a sensible care plan unique to you.
Our experienced medical team also recognizes that your comfort and health are crucial to your success. That’s why we provide relaxing bedrooms and balanced, chef-made meals in a nurturing atmosphere that encourages recovery. We will observe you regularly and provide support as necessary to handle withdrawal symptoms that may include:
- Muscle pain
- Nausea and vomiting
- Insomnia and restlessness
Once you’re feeling up for it, we’ll welcome you to take advantage of personal and group therapy. This is a fantastic method to help you confront the psychological aspects of addiction while readying you for residential rehab.
How Long Will I Be In Codeine Detox?
The majority of patients can complete detox withina week to 10 days. The amount of time you are in our care will likely be different from others and may be affected by the following:
- The regularity and duration of your codeine use in conjunction with the amount you take
- Your overall physical state
- How responsive you are to care
- Your unique physical traits and medical history
Before discharging you, we’ll make sure you are stable from a medical perspective and equipped with an aftercare plan, so you understand exactly what will occur with future treatment.
How Will Sunrise Ensure My Safety During Codeine Detox Near Long Island?
The physical and mental stress of detox will often be too much when attempting to detox on your own. At Sunrise Detox Long Island, we understand how to keep you safe and advancing toward recovery. This commences with our ability to skillfully handle withdrawal symptoms.
Our commitment to safety includes:
- 24-hour treatment from experienced medical personnel
- Structured and welcoming environment far from external forces that trigger use
- Individualized treatment plans catering to your exact needs
- Thorough aftercare planning so you have a clear idea of how your recovery will move forward
- Unwavering patient privacy rules to protect private information and treatment details
Suboxone is a popular medication to help you safely wean off opioids. This drug is proven to be effective and is less addictive than other options. To ensure safety, we stick to the following:
- We hold off on using Suboxone in the earliest stages to steer clear of a precipitated withdrawal
- A trial dose is given and response tracked
- Changes are done when necessary or other options considered
- We’ll carefully taper you off Suboxone