Am I An Alcoholic? Take Our Alcohol Use Disorder Assessment For Long Island
What Does It Mean To Have An Alcohol Use Disorder?
An alcohol use disorder is a persistent condition where an individual displays behaviors of problematic alcohol use that impede their day-to-day life. The severity of alcohol use can fluctuate, ranging from light to severe addiction, and can impact your physical and mental health, employment or education, and social life.
Here Are Just Some Symptoms Of Alcohol Use Disorder
Those with alcohol use disorder might wrestle with:
- Alcohol cravings
- No or little control over their drinking
- Drinking that leads to dangerous situations
- Physical and mental health complications stemming from alcohol use
- Disruptive work or school performance caused by drinking
- Relationship strain stemming from alcohol use
Is There A Cure For Alcohol Use Disorders?
Alcoholism can’t be cured in the familiar way, but a professional treatment center can teach you to handle triggers for drinking and help you have a long-lasting recover.
This assessment should not be seen as a substitute for a professional evaluation.